Master of Science
A Master of Science (MS) is a postgraduate degree, commonly termed as M.Sc, M.Sci, MS, and Mag. It provides technical, scientific or professional level competence. Master of Science degree is normally awarded after in the fields of science, medicine, math and engineering. Lots of universities around the world provide M.Sc program that includes completion of coursework as well as research, such as physics, chemistry, biology, nursing, civil engineering, research-based and more. All these courses are provided by different universities.
As we know M.Sc programs are offered in various fields, have a look some popular M.Sc programs such as M.Sc Finance, M.Sc Computer Science, M.Sc Engineering, M.Sc IT, M.Sc Environmental Studies, M.Sc Economics, M.Sc Marketing, M.Sc Business, M.Sc Management Science, M.Sc Business Management, M.Sc Information Systems, M.Sc Psychology, M.Sc Technology and M.Sc Computing.
The M.Sc is a 2 year duration course with 4 semesters. The Master of Science is the important step for those who want to get a Doctorate degree in any topic.
Eligibility criteria for Master of Science (M.Sc)
Master of Science is a postgraduate level course which is offered to students by many universities in our country. It gives students required knowledge and more in their specialized subject.
1. General Eligibility Criteria for Indian Student: No age limit to get admission in M.Sc course. Students can join just after completing B.Sc or later stage.
2. Academic Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc: Students who have completed their B.Sc study and they can apply for M.Sc. Above 55% is essential for applying to the college and they need to attempt the entrance exam also.
3. Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students: Foreign nationality aspirants who have a desire to join M.Sc course must have a student visa and a valid passport. They can join M.Sc course after qualifying the entrance exam.
Entrance exams in M.Sc
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS Entrance Exam
• Mahatma Gandhi University PG Admission Test
• Indira Gandhi National Open University Entrance Exam
• The Wild Life Institute of India Entrance Exam
• Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test (IIT –JAM)
• Indian School of Mines Entrance Exam
• Tamilnadu Open University (TNOU) Entrance Exam
• Calicut University Entrance Exam
• Banaras Hindu University Entrance Exam
• Annamalai University Entrance Exam
• Bharathidasan University PG Examination
• Jadavpur University, Delhi University Entrance Exam
• Osmania University Entrance Exam
• Bharathiyar University M.Sc Entrance Exam
• Pune University Entrance Exam
Experts from EDUPROV will help you to crack the exams and will make you the master of any science group that you love to do. Complete guidance will be provided by the professionals until you make your place in the course.
Scope of the course
Master of Science degree has a great scope in some categories such as Biological and Life Science: Engineering & Technology, Natural Science sometimes Economics, Business, and Administration. Master of Science degree holders can work in Pharmacy, Food Sciences, Molecular Sciences, Biotechnology and other life sciences. And Engineering M.Sc programs range from Aviation to Industrial Design, Civil Engineering to Computer Science and a lot more.
After attaining experience in local companies an M.Sc degree holder can apply for jobs in other countries. The required jobs are available on the website and only a resume with related documents are needed.